Monday 20 May 2013

Can I do it?

If you are contemplating building something similar but think you don't have the skill or technical know how you may want to rethink that... I don't have anything more than an average skill set when it comes to bikes and a basic understanding of metal work. 

Some points to consider.

Can I strip a bike and put it back together without having parts leftover... Check!
Can I weld... no but I can learn! Ahhh Youtube.
Can I spend endless hours researching on the net... no but I can spend a few hours a week!
Will I enjoy the process... heck yes!
Will I make mistakes... you bet I will!
Am I going to be an expert when finished... no but I would have enjoyed myself (I hope) and learn't some new skills!

Tomorrow I'll start by showing you how I went about choosing a frame etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment