Sunday 19 May 2013

The beginning.

It started out like most probably, a bit of road riding and a bit of mountain biking, commuting daily. Here in Christchurch New Zealand it's predominantly flat plains but the hills are on our doorstep which makes for a great lifestyle for cyclist's. 

After a couple of years and many different bikes it seems this cycling thing has taken a hold on me and I now wanted more, I wanted to be able to carry a few extras other than just a backpack or satchel. So I started on a journey looking for my ultimate cargo cycle, there's numerous incarnations out there and from what I saw on this interweb thingy most have European origins.


Bakfiets, Panniers, Trailers, Freight Cycles, Carrier Cycles, Cargo Bikes, Cycletrucks, Long Johns and of course Cargo Trikes and much much more. The choice is almost endless.

I spent the better part of 3 months looking at all the options and with that all the pro's and con's for each. The final decision as you can see(or not quite yet anyway) is the Cargo Trike (how I came to this decision is another story all together to be told another day).

Over the next couple of weeks or months i'll post my journey on here. 

When I started researching about building one these cycles I came across a handful of blogs and found them to be very helpful so I thought I'd add my 2 cents. 

Welcome aboard I hope you enjoy the ride.





No comments:

Post a Comment