Friday 31 May 2013

The front cargo box assembly.


I have moved onto assembling the cargo box and the list of materials i'm using is below...

22.2mm x 1.2mm square tube steel... for the frame
3mm steel plate... for the mounts for axels etc
38mm x 2mm round tube... for the head tube and down tube
28.6mm round tube... for the steerer tube
4mm Alloy checker plate... for the floorpan

I started by drawing a scale floor plan on the garage floor. I cut and laid out the square tube base and welded the tube into place checking that everything was square and true. After double checking all the measurements and alignment I preceded to create another to the same dimensions for the top.




Looking around there were a lot of different heights/depths commonly used for the cargo boxes but I choose to go with a 550mm so I cut the uprights and squared them up and welded them in along with a bit of bracing for the base.








No comments:

Post a Comment